One of the periods students look forward to is vacation period. Of course, students look forward to this period for various reasons. For some, it’s a period to express their laziness proper-no school, less assignments, no waking up early, etc. While for some, it’s a period to refresh, restrategise and launch out many more ideas, coming back better than they left.
The reality is, whatever your reason for looking forward to vacation, you can make the best out of it. Vacations should come as a time to evaluate yourself, basically self appraisal. While it is important to evaluate your self- achievements, targets, it is much more important to commend your efforts no matter how little they seem.
So, how prepared are you for this forthcoming vacation? Do you have plans in place already or it’s just a break away from school work? Well, here are a few things you can explore;
- Erase the mentality that holiday is a break away from learning. See vacation period as a time to explore new things and ideas you conceived. Draw out a plan to include relaxation, exploration, practicing and fun time.
- Network with people relevant to your ideas and interests so that learning will be fun. When you have people of like minds around you, ideas become easily achievable.
- Set a time frame for achieving your mapped out targets. Every goal becomes achievable with proper planning and preparation. So, to keep your goals in check, plan well and give a time frame.
- Ensure that your ideas are SMART- Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timely. The ideas you think are very minute and not important today may become your next big deal tomorrow. So, channel those ideas to be explored as though your life depends on it.
- Research more! As students, there will be things that your teachers and lecturers taught you that you didn’t quite understand. Vacation period is a time to research more. Get more informed.
These are not all there is to vacation but you can use some of these tips to make this forthcoming vacation worthwhile. Got more tips? Please share in the comment section.