INTRODUCTION: Applications are invited for the 2014 Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship Awards. The Four Million Naira (4,000,000.00) scholarship award is for 40 (forty) students, each of whom will recieve One hundred Thousand Naira (100,000.00).
CRITERIA FOR AWARD: Applicants must have good academic performance and be:
- Poor and indigent.
- Registered students of any tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
MODE OF APPLICATION: Each applicant shall submit:
- an application letter (not more than two (2) pages) which must include: the name of the candidate, course and year of studystate of origin, and why the candidate believes that he or she should be given the award.
- A copy of the candidate’s current Identity Card;
- A letter from the candidate’s current Head of Department, including correct information on the candidate’s CGPA for the last academic session.
- A letter from the Registrar certifying that the candidate is a student of the institution.
- A copy of the candidate’s registration form for the current semester, and
- Two (2) current passport photographs.
The application letter, with all the supporting documents, should be forwarded (by hand or postal delivery) on or before Monday, 18 August, 2014, to:
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board, Nigerian Law Publications House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D., Alausa – Ikeja. P. O. Box: 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos.
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board, c/o Dr. U. A. U. Onyebinama, Chairperson ASUU, Department of Agricultural Economics, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board, c/o Dr. M. K. Aliyu, Chairman ASUU, ASUU Office, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- Zaria: Applicants will be interviewed on Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 10.00 a.m. at the ASUU Secretariat, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, Samaru Campus.
- Umudike: Applicants will be interviewed on Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 10.00 a.m. at the ASUU Secretariat, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
- Lagos: Applicants will be interviewed on Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 10.00 a.m. at the Nigerian Law Publications House, Otunba Jobi Fele-Way, C. B. D, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
AWARD CEREMONY: Successful candidates will receive their scholarship awards on Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 12.00 Noon at the Nigerian Law Publications House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D., Alausa, Ikeja.
PLEASE NOTE THAT STUDENTS WHO HAVE ONCE WON THE SCHOLARSHIP ARE NOT ELIGIBLE