The Human Resources Development Centre (HRDC) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into a two-year part-time programme designed for active sportsmen and women. The programme will lead to the award of a DIPLOMA IN HUMAN KINETICSAND HEALTH EDUCATION.
Five (5) Credits(which must include Mathematics, English Language, Biology and any other Science subject) in the West African School Certificate Examination (WASCE), NECO or GCE O/L obtained at one sitting
Coaching Grade III Certificate or Diploma obtained from National Institute of Sports.
DURATION: Two (2) Academic Sessions
N73, 000.00 per session
DATE OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATION AND INTERVIEW: Saturday, November 2, 2013
VENUE: Sports Centre, University of Lagos
LECTURES START: November 17, 2013
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Log on to the Human Resources Development Centre Portal: hrdc.unilag.edu.ng. Click on the ‘Application Form’ Link.
- Click the ‘pre-application form’ link; provide the required items of information and submit to obtain a Payment Reference Number (voucher). Print the Payment Reference Number (voucher) and take the voucher to the bank to pay the Five Thousand Naira (
N5, 000.00) Application Form Fee.
- Make payment at the UNILAG branch of any of the following designated banks: WEMA BANK PLC, ECOBANK PLC, ACCESS BANK PLC and FIRST BANK PLC.
- After payment, return to Human Resources Development Centre Portal: hrdc.unilag.edu.ng, click the Application link; then Application Form Link, login with Payment Reference Number as username and surname (in lowercase letters) as password.
- Click the ‘Edit Application Form’ link to fill the Application form and upload digital passport-sized photograph (jpeg format). The digital photograph should not be more than 15kb in size and must be in white background. The acceptable dimensions are: width- 235 pixels or 35mm, height- 314 pixels or 40mm. Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.
- Click “SUBMIT FORM” button after filling the form completely; else click DECLINE” button.
Kindly note that:
- Applicants are required to print the completed Application Form and submit the print-out along with two (2) sets of credentials at the HRDC Secretariat, UNILAG, Akoka.
- Payment must be made within five (5) days of obtaining the Payment Reference Number otherwise the pre-application would be DECLINED. Applicants will then be expected to refill the pre-application form to obtain a new Payment Reference Number.
SUBMISSION OF FORM AND COLLECTION OF ADMISSION LETTER:
Two printed copies of the on-line completed application forms are to be submitted at the HRDC Secretariat on or before November 1, 2013. Admission letters for Shortlisted candidates are to be collected from the same office from November 17, 2013 to November 29, 2013. Letters of Admission will not be posted to individual candidates. The admission list will be available on HRDC portal: hrdc.unilag.edu.ng and University of Lagos website: www.unilag.edu.ng
For further information, please Contact:
The Director, Human Resources Development Centre (By UNILAG 2nd Gate), University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos. Telephone: 018102815, 018102818, or 08033220022
Prof. G. O. Otinwa, Head, Department of Human Kinetics & Health Education, Faculty of Education, UNILAG. Telephone: 08038467530.
DR. (MRS.) Taiwo FOLASHADE IPAYE, MNIM
Registrar and Secretary to the Council