The Award is open to 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 First Class Graduates who aim to pursue postgraduate degrees in any of the following disciplines:
- Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry and Quantitative Genetics.
- Basic Medical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Biochemistry.
- Special Aspects of Biology: Biometrics and Molecular Biology
- Economics: Econometrics and Development Economics
- Engineering and Technology: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical/Electronics, Metallurgy Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Cyber-Security and Software Engineering.
- Medicine: Oncology, Human Genetics, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine and Geriatrics.
In addition to being computer literate, potential awardees are required to be:
- below 30 years old by October, 2013; and
- prepared to work (preferably in the academia) in any public university or research institute for a minimum of five (5) years, after graduation.
Applicants are also to note that:
- candidates awards in the ‘Medicine’ category must have a minimum of two (2) Distinction grades in the Part 3 and Part 4 MBBS degree examinations; and
- those seeking admission into any university in the United States of America must sit for the Graduate Record Exams (GRE).
Method of Application
Interested candidates should:
- Log on: www.nuc.edu.ng,
- Click the ‘Apply for PRESSID’ link,
- Complete and submit the application form on or before November 8, 2013.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED FOR FURTHER SCREENING.