The Government of Taiwan is offering a range of fully funded scholarships in the range of NT$25,000 – NT$30,000 to International Undergraduate and Postgraduate students to study in top Universities in Taiwan this 2017/18 academic session.
The Taiwan Scholarship program is a joint initiative launched by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Ministry of Education (MOE), the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) and the National Science Council (NSC) in 2004. At the Republic of China’s centennial in 2011, the Taiwan Scholarship program evolved into the MOFA Taiwan Scholarship program and the MOE Taiwan Scholarship program in order to cater to students of varying backgrounds.
The MOFA Taiwan Scholarship continues to encourage outstanding students to pursue academic degrees in Taiwan and to deepen their understanding of Taiwan’s academic environment, thereby enhancing exchanges and building friendships between Taiwan and their home nations.
The MOFA Taiwan Scholarship is, in principle, granted to students from countries that have diplomatic relations with Taiwan. However, special consideration may also be given to students from other countries
- The non-degree Mandarin Language Enrichment Program (LEP): Recipients may take the LEP for a maximum of one year at Mandarin-teaching institutions (hereinafter “Mandarin Training Centers”) affiliated with a university or college accredited by the Ministry of Education.
- Degree programs: Recipients may apply for admission to any degree program leading to an undergraduate, master or doctoral degree, excluding in-service programs.
II. Award period
1. Non-degree LEP: one year.
2. Degree programs:
(1) Undergraduate program: four years maximum
(2) Master’s program: two years maximum
(3) Doctoralprogram: four years maximum
III. Financial Assistance
Scholarship recipients will be given a monthly stipend of NT$25,000 for the LEP and NT$30,000 for degree programs. Recipients are responsible for all expenses during their stay in Taiwan. MOFA will not provide any other subsidies. MOFA will, however, provide recipients with one-way, economy-class plane tickets for direct flights to and from Taiwan.
- Is a high school graduate or above with an excellent academic record, of good moral character and has no criminal record.
- Is not a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Is not an overseas compatriot student.
- Has never attended an educational institution in Taiwan at the same level of degree or LEP that he/she intends to apply for.
- Is not an exchange student through any cooperation agreement between a foreign university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan while receiving the Scholarship.
- Has not previously had a Scholarship revoked by an ROC government agency or other relevant institution.
- For more information, please visit the Taiwan Scholarships and Huayu Enrichment Scholarships website.
- The MOFA website
- Contact person: Ms. Joy Lai
Tel: +886-2-2236-8225 ext. 4212