Applications are open for the 2023 Future Rural Africa Female Researcher’s Grant. The aim of the grant is to support female researchers at all stages of their careers. The grant is designed to enable female researchers to gain more visibility, expand a network or build more expertise.
Funding is available for creative scientific ideas that broadly fit the content of the Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) “Future Rural Africa” and have not yet been covered. Applications from natural sciences, social science, as well as arts and humanities are welcome. The CRC is oriented around the broad themes of social-ecological change, conservation, and shaping the future of Africa. Here, research focuses on processes of conservation, intensification, and infrastructuring in five priority countries: Kenya, Namibia, Tanzania, Zambia and Botswana.
- Applications from female master’s students, doctoral students, postdocs, and junior professors are welcome.
- Applicants are welcome from all parts of the world; applications from women scientists from the CRC’s African partner countries are strongly encouraged.
- The research area must be in one of the CRC research countries.
- Women scientists involved in an ongoing CRC project are not eligible.
The grant prize is 5000 Euros. Depending on the needs, the grant will be awarded to one female scientist or divided among several applicants. The money can be used for research-related expenses such as travel, consumables, fees and assistance or services, but not for living expenses, hardware or software. All expenses will first be reviewed for eligibility by the Department of Research Management at the University of Cologne.
Applicants must include the following documents:
- a description of the research idea and its implementation (approx. 2 pages),
- a curriculum vitae
- a description of the resources needed.
How to apply and application deadline
Applications should be sent via email in PDF format to email@example.com. Application deadline is March 30, 2023.