To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, Google is excited to offer Google Conference Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields.
To be eligible for a scholarship to attend an international conference, applicants must:
- Be a full-time student enrolled with a recognized university in Africa who is in need of conference travel funds.
- Have a paper accepted at a top-tier computer science conference. We prefer to support conferences in research areas where Google has a strong interest. Please visit research.google.com for a list of areas.
- Be the sole or joint first author of the accepted paper.
Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
- These scholarships are specifically designed to support selected individuals, empowering them to attend influential conferences and broaden their professional horizons.
Application procedure and deadline
Qualified candidates can complete the application through the online portal. Application deadline is June 28, 2023.