The Generation Google Scholarship for women in computer science was established to help students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Generation Google Scholarship for women in computer science will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance.
- Past recipients of the following scholarships are not eligible to apply: Generation Google Scholarship, Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming, Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science in Ireland, Generation Google Scholarship: for supply chain and fulfillment, Google Lime Scholarship, Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming, Google Europe Students with Disabilities Scholarship, or Venkat Panchapakesan Scholarships India.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university or college for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Application procedure and deadline
Applications can be completed through the online portal. Application deadline is May 16, 2023.