The Women Techsters programmme is a free 1-year experiential learning technology upskilling programme that empowers young girls and women, aged 16 to 40 years across Africa with global in-demand skills relevant to kickstart careers and businesses in technology.
The programme aims to bridge the digital and technology knowledge divide between men and women in the technology ecosystem and ensure equal access to technology opportunities for women and girls.
The Women Techsters Fellowship is a highly competitive programme, admitting only the top 3% of applicants. The Fellowship programme will commence in September 2023 and run for a 1-year period. The first 6 months is a virtual technical and soft skills training, while the last 6 months are dedicated to experiential learning (Internship) or business incubation and mentorship.
- An ideal fellow is an African woman who embraces empathy, humility, and inclusion as guiding values.
- She is a self-starter committed to learning with and supporting a network of culturally distinct women.
- She is committed to collaborating to develop herself and the continent through the digital skills acquired from the fellowship programme.
- In addition to these guiding values and traits, we are looking for intellectual rigour, vision, research skills, curiosity, openness, kindness, and much more. A Women Techsters Fellow is a woman who will champion inclusion and equality in the tech ecosystem.
- Is willing to dedicate time
- Is hardworking
- Is a team player
- Identifies tech as a propeller for her future
Duration and benefits
Women Techsters Fellowship is a 1-year virtual learning program delivered through 6 months of intensive training, a 6-month internship and enrollment into a mentorship program to equip women with skills to build tech careers and tech-enabled businesses. Multiple cohorts will be executed over a 12-month timeline using standardised learning curriculums across the selected learning tracks for the next ten years.
Application procedure and deadline
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the online portal. Application deadline is May 27, 2023.