The Google Hustle Academy Business Bootcamp is an initiative of Grow with Google delivered online by subject matter experts to help small businesses grow by increasing revenue, positioning for investment, and building a sustainable business for the future.
It is a week-long bootcamp designed to help businesses power up to the next level, get access to live training sessions, 1-1 mentorship and masterclasses by industry leaders, all for free.
It is currently open to businesses in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa.
To be eligible, businesses are measured against the following criteria:
Businesses should have already created a business plan, defined their product/service offering and be looking to now scale this
Size of operation
The Hustle Academy is open to businesses that have at least 2 full time employees and have been operating for over 12 months
This training is aimed at businesses who have generated profit in the last 12 months or are 1-3 months away from breaking even.
Day 1: Business Strategy
- Undertake a SWOT analysis of your business strategy-to-date
- Use this to design a growth plan for the coming year which focuses on the steps your business can take to attract new customers and increase sales
Day 2: Business Development
- Determine your revenue goals for the next year
- Understand your audience
- Identify market trends
- Conduct competitor analysis
- Define your unique value proposition
- Discover ways in which you can move customers through the consumer funnel
Day 3: Digital Marketing
- Understand the key digital marketing channels available to your business
- Reflect upon the best channels for you
- Discover how to create engaging content to attract and convert customers
- Learn how to measure your overall success
Day 4: Financial Planning
- Explore the steps you can take to plan your finances and create financial forecasts to secure investment
- Build upon this by exploring the different funding routes available and identify possible options for your business
Day 5: Pitch for Success
- Discover top tips you can implement to build your own pitch deck for investors to help your business secure funding
- Utilise the training delivered throughout the week to create your very own pitch deck
The Hustle Academy is a completely free programme for participants and lasts 1 week in total. Sessions run from 10am – 3pm, Monday to Friday, across EAT, WAT and GMT.
The majority of the training is delivered live and online. These virtual sessions, led by expert trainers, are designed to be practical, interactive and hands-on
Peer networking sessions
Participants are provided with opportunities to come together with their peers, network, share insights, and explore examples of best practice
Guest speaker events
In partnership with organisations and market leaders, participants are able to learn from those in-the-know at a number of guest speaker events
Opportunities for 1:1 mentoring and support enable participants to tackle any gaps in their knowledge, and tailor the learning to meet their needs
Live training sessions are delivered virtually so you will need to ensure you have the relevant technology to support your participation in the programme. This includes a stable internet connection and laptop with a web camera and microphone. You must be able to commit to the full programme as live sessions will not be recorded.
How to apply
To apply for the programme, simply complete the eligibility survey through this application form.