The Embassy of France in Nigeria has launched a scholarship programme to finance a master’s degree in a French university for the academic year 2023/2024. Five grants will be awarded to the laureates wanting to pursue studies related to computer science.
This program is funded by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research, and implemented by the French Embassy and Campus France Nigeria.
Eligible fields of study
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Interaction
- Optics, Image, Vision & Multimedia
- Have Nigerian nationality and reside in Nigeria
- Be up to 35 years old
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in science/engineering/technology
- Have completed National Service
- Be fully committed to take up a course of study in France for the academic year from September/October 2023/2024
- French proficiency is not a requirement for application
The scholarship covers two academic years if the scholar is admitted in M1, and one academic year if the scholar is admitted in M2. It caters for transportation, a monthly allowance, guidance to find affordable student housing and healthcare coverage throughout the program. Tuitions fees are to be covered by the scholarship recipients.
- Copy of your international passport data page (valid for a minimum of two (2) years)
- Detailed CV
- Personal statement
- Bachelor’s diploma or equivalent
- Undergraduate transcript
- Recommendation letter from your university (not mandatory but strongly recommended)
- The call for applications is open between March 17, 2023 and April 16, 2023 at 11:59 pm Nigeria time.
- March 17th: A webinar will provide students will all the useful information to prepare their applications
- April 16th: Deadline for applications
- May 8th 2023: Interview of the eligible candidates
- May 17th 2023: Results and guidance to host university in France
- September/October 2023: Departure to France
- This application does not attract any processing fee.
How to apply
Qualified candidates can submit applications through the information provided on the application portal.