1. Professor Tahir Mamman was born in 1954 at Michika Adamawa State.
2.He holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from Ahmadu Bello University in 1983, proceeded to the Nigerian Law School in 1984, and earned his Masters from the University of Warwick.
3. He began lecturing at the University of Maiduguri in the Faculty of Law and rose to become dean of the Faculty of Law.
4. He has been a member of the National Universities Commission since 1997.
5. He was also steering member committee of the establishment of Adamawa State University, external examiner at the Ahmadu Bello University from 2001 to 2002 and patron for Youth Federation of Nigeria and Nigerian Youth Organization of University of Maiduguri.
6. He became the deputy director of Nigeria Law School Kano campus from 2001 to 2005 prior to becoming the Director General and Educational Administrator of the law school between 2005-2013.
7. In September 2015, Prof. Mamman was conferred with the esteemed title of the Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) as a recognition for his exceptional contributions within the legal realm. This recognition underscored his standing as a legal luminary and his profound impact on the legal profession.
8. Presently, Prof. Mamman serves as the Vice-Chancellor of Baze University, situated in the heart of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja. His role as an academic leader continues to shape the minds of future legal professionals, instilling in them the values of integrity, excellence, and ethical practice.
9. In recognition of his exceptional contributions, the Federal Government of Nigeria bestowed upon Professor Mamman the national honor of Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON), a testament to his commitment to nation-building and the advancement of legal education. Prof. Mamman’s academic and professional journey is a testament to his unwavering commitment to the legal field.