The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the results of the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted last Tuesday and Monday.
According to the Board, 1,595,779 candidates registered for the examination in 708 CBT centres in 105 examination towns in the country.
To check 2023 JAMB result, candidates can send an SMS with the same phone number that was used for registration.
Here is how to Check JAMB 2023 result using SMS
To check the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) result, all you need to do is to send UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number that he/she had used for registration.
After sending the SMS, the result would be returned as a text message.
This is the only process of checking the 2023 UTME results for now.
The following are the responses you should expect:
*If a candidate uses a phone number that was not used to register, a message will be sent to him thus: ‘This phone number was not used for registration.”
* A candidate with a result will receive the message: “Dear Mr/Miss X, your result is as follows… (and the details will be provided).
* If a result is withheld, a “Result Withheld” message will be sent to the candidate.
* If a candidate belongs to the category being given the benefit of the doubt, the message to the person will be: “Result withheld pending the upload of clarifications/document required from you.”
* If a candidate was absent, he or she would get “CANDIDATE ABSENT” as feedback
* A candidate that was ABSENT WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER also CANCELLED will be so informed.
* “Invalid Entrance into the Exam Hall” will be sent to a candidate who gained unauthorized access to the examination hall.