David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) Scholarship Programme awards full scholarships to qualified university aspirants in Africa. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities, and their local countries.
The scholarship grants African students the opportunity to study at Covenant University and Landmark University, Nigeria.
To be eligible, you must;
- Be citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Be between the ages of 16 and 25 at the time of application submission.
- Be eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
Scholarship duration and reward
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance with the University stipulated time for the duration of the chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside university generated Academic fees for a course at any level
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Programme selection process is a need dependent, merit based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community development involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
- May 19, 2023: Applications Open
- July 1, 2023: Application Closes
- July, 2023: Finalisation of finalists applicants and contact of same
- August – September 2023: Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University
Application procedure and deadline
Interested and qualified applicants should visit [pdf] for more information on the scholarship. Application deadline is July 1, 2023.
NOTE: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, the award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.