Applications are now open to participate in the the Nestlings Playbook challenge to access up to $15,000 in investment and other benefits like co-working space and advisory services, among others.
The Nestling Playbook project believes that the undergraduate community is the next frontier for creating prosperity in Africa. The project is exploring a hypothesis around that; thinking that if we can incentivize and support undergraduates to explore digital entrepreneurship to solve for non-consumption (as discussed in the book “Prosperity Paradox; authored by Clayton Christensen, Karen Dillon and Efosa Ojomo), we can increase the supply of entrepreneurial talent to meet the demand for a new generation of founders committed to unlocking prosperity in Africa through the digital economy.
The project’s mission therefore is to increase the inclusion and participation of the undergraduate community in the innovation ecosystem of Africa’s digital economy this decade and you can be one of those talents.
This program is in 3 phases;
- Challenge to get the best 4 ideas from 15 schools that would be given funding of $5,000 – $15,000 equity investment and other forms of support.
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Federal University of Technology, Akura (FUTA)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH)
Founders from unlisted schools are also encouraged to apply.
This call for application, seeks to attract the smartest and ambitious entrepreneurial talents across Universities in Nigeria, provide them capital, mentorship and all forms of support to ensure that their only headache is building global solutions to local problem.
Application procedure and deadline
Applications can be completed through the online portal. Application deadline is May 20, 2023.