Application for the 2023 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholars Programme is now open.
Each year, the NHEF identifies talented young Nigerians from its various Partner Universities that have demonstrated strong academic excellence and well-roundedness in both professional and extracurricular pursuits and provides them with intensive career training and skill-building exercises needed to aid them in long-term career development.
The Scholars Programme is an early career-accelerating program that provides diverse opportunities to the selected Scholars from various Partner Universities. Each Scholar goes through a weeklong orientation programme that exposes them to career development training that plays a pivotal role in facilitating an easy transition into the global workforce.
During The NHEF Scholars Programme, each scholar undergoes intensive training by a thoroughly selected group of international facilitators. The Scholars then take up internship placements at Partner Firms, which typically last 6 – 8 weeks. They also go through a robust curriculum ensuring continuous personal and professional development.
To qualify as an NHEF Scholar:
- Each candidate must possess a strong commitment to leadership, community service, and philanthropy, as well as making a lasting impact across the globe.
- Eligible applicants are penultimate students at NHEF Partner universities, i.e. 300 Level students studying a 4-year course or 400-level students studying a 5-year course.
NHEF Partner Universities
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bayero University, Kano
- Kwara State University
- University of Ibadan
- University of Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt
NHEF Partner Firms
THE NHEF Partner Firms are top firms across financial services & consulting, law, engineering and technology, including:
- Kuramo Capital Management
- Verod Capital Management
- Sankore Investments
- Banwo & Ighodalo
- Oake Legal
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Estate Intel
- Landmark Africa
- Gasco Marine, among others.
Application procedure and deadline
All applications must be submitted via the NHEF application portal. Application deadline is by 11:59 p.m. (WAT), May 12, 2023.