The competition seeks Africa’s brightest young minds to present their solutions to the world. Young agritech entrepreneurs have the potential to revolutionise the way we address food security challenges and empower smallholder farmers across the continent.
Pitch AgriHack offers a platform for these visionary minds to present their technological solutions in order to transform the continent’s agricultural landscape. With a total prize money of US$45,000, Pitch AgriHack 2023 will reward the most promising ventures that address key challenges and promote sustainable agricultural development.
A rigorous selection process will be conducted by expert reviewers who will evaluate the submissions based on their innovativeness, feasibility, and potential for impact. Finalists will pitch their agritech solutions to an esteemed panel of judges on stage, at a live finale event at the African Food Systems Forum (AFSF) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, in September. The winners of Pitch AgriHack 2023 will also be awarded at the AFSF.
The AGRF Agribusiness Deal Room, attended by over 800 companies, 15 government delegations, and 150 public and private investors, will generate exciting new opportunities for these entrepreneurs to secure investments, partnerships, and mentorship.
Candidates are early-, mature- or growth-stage, or women-led technology or digital services companies with innovative solutions impacting smallholder farmers at scale.
Applicants should have:
- A clear and defined description on how their solution is impacting smallholder farmers.
- Strong organizational and operational structure.
The applicant applying must:
- Be aged 18-40 on the day of submission to the 2023 Pitch AgriHack Competition.
- Hold nationality (with official ID) from any of the 54 nations of the African Union.
- Be the founder/co-founder of the enterprise represented in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership.
- Have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or
- Not be a previous Pitch AgriHack or GoGettaz finalist or winner.
- Submit the application form in English.
- Agree with the Terms & Conditions.
The competition awards winners in three categories:
- Early-stage agritech ventures
- Mature or growth-stage agritech ventures
- Women-led agritech ventures
Three winners and three runners-up will be selected, with each winner receiving a cash prize of US$10,000 and each runner-up receiving US$5,000. The competition is open to African founders or co-founders, aged 18-40, with businesses providing agritech solutions and digital services in the agriculture sector.
Application procedure and deadline
Interested and qualified candidates should apply through the online portal. Application deadline is July 3, 2023.