The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for its OPEC Fund for International Development internship programme.
OPEC Fund offers an internship program enabling students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization. The internship program which runs between three and six months is designed to:
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience;
- Provide an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization; and
- Provide the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission and related values.
Interns are assigned to different departments/units depending on their interests and qualifications, and according to departmental needs. The internship program offers opportunities to focus on one or more of the following:
- Public sector operations
- Private sector and trade finance operations
- Financial operations
- Risk management
- Strategic planning and economic services
- Internal audit
- Human resources
- Legal services
- Information technology
Work assignments undertaken by interns may include:
- Conducting research;
- Writing documents;
- Organizing information; and
- Assisting employees with their day-to-day work.
- Applicants must be between 19 to 25 years of age
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program (having completed at least two years) or graduate program
- Alternatively, applicants may be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline
- Proficiency in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset;
- Computer literacy in standard software applications (Microsoft Office);
- Keen interest in the work of the OPEC Fund;
- Ability to demonstrate cultural awareness; and
- Ability to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
How to apply and application deadline
To apply, interested candidates must submit:
- The online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant is / was an undergraduate student;
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent; and
- A short statement in English (about 150-250 words) outlining their motivation for applying.
Successful candidates must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy for the host country, Austria or a similar certificate proving he/she will be fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program.
Interested candidates should note that:
- All applications must be in English;
- Upload of statement and transcripts are under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form; and
- All the questions on the application form must be answered.
Apply through the application portal. Application deadline is March 23, 2023.