Nigerian nonprofit, AIIDEV Africa has launched a transformative programme to drive innovation, sustainability, and community development within the blue economy sectors in Nigeria and Africa. The initiative, Oceanovation Africa, seeks to address both opportunities and challenges by equipping participants with the skills to innovate and develop solutions that advance the blue economy.
In a statement issued by the organisation on Wednesday, the Executive Director, AIIDEV Africa, Emmanuel Ola-Olowoyo said the initiative will empower youths by providing advanced training and promoting research on blue economy solutions, fostering community-based projects, and facilitating innovation bootcamps, this programme seeks to empower participants with the knowledge and skills needed to contribute to the growth and prosperity of blue economy industries.
“The goal of the programme is to advance solutions for a sustainable blue economy in Africa. This programme aims to address both opportunities and challenges by equipping participants with the skills to innovate and develop solutions that advance the blue economy.
“The Oceanovation Programme aims to harness these opportunities by fostering a collaborative and innovative ecosystem that supports the development of sustainable and economically viable solutions for various ocean-related challenges, by providing a comprehensive platform for learning, research, and practical application”.
To participate in this programme, applicants should note the following:
- Applicants must be citizens of any African country between 21 and 35 years old
- Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any field relevant
- Applicants must have a genuine interest and passion for blue economy and a desire to contribute to the achievement of the SDG 14 in Africa
- Fellows should demonstrate leadership potential and a strong commitment to making a positive impact in their respective countries and communities
- Fellows must be available to actively participate in the programme, including attending training sessions, workshops, and community projects
- Applicants should have a good command of the English language, as the programme will be conducted in English
- Applicants should have access to a reliable internet connection and necessary technology devices to fully participate in virtual activities and meetings
The application deadline for the 2023 cohort of the Oceanovation Africa Programme is September 18, 2023 at 10:00PM (WAT).
Click here to register.