- The policies of government are making us to remain ‘babies’ forever. Ever wonder why many a Nigerian seldom shows you their birth certificates-always sworn age declaration. As a player in the education industry, everyday people do doggy things to survive. I’ve done a service for a 29years old who just admitted to the university. He had to claim he was 21years in order to serve (NYSC). This is after figuring in strikes, carry-overs, etc. All things being equal, let’s roll.
1. Before age 30 you should discover yourself. This means you should have a good understanding of what your strength and weaknesses are. Having done this, maybe it’s time to focus on your areas of strength.
2. Before age 30 you should be able to define your general purpose of living. As sad as it may sound, a lot of youths don’t even know why they are living, they are just existing. Your purpose defines YOU and there is no YOU without a purpose.
3. You should learn how to say NO and stand by it. Before now, I use to greatly despise those that will say NO to a request without changing their mind but the truth is, your ability to say NO and stand by it portrays you as a well principled and disciplined human. However, if you must say NO then you must be very sure that you won’t regret the response in future.
4. People should be able to identify you with at least one profession. There is no general star anywhere. You can’t be a star footballer, a star swimmer, a star musician, a star actor, etc. It’s either you are a star in one field or you will never shine.
5. You should have a true understanding of what love
relationship means. Before 30 you should know what the word LOVE means. When someone says “I love you,” does he/she means “I like you, I want to have sex with you,” or what? Many break ups and “marriage crashes” today can be attributed to a poor understanding of the meaning of love.
6. For guys, you should be able to woo any girl you truly love and start planning for marriage. (DONT
BE AFRAID OF WOMEN). This may seem awkward but there are many guys who “fear” women. At times I wonder if ladies do change to beasts when guys approach them. Anyway, I know some ladies can be rude at times but before age 30 you need to know how to calm them down and present your case.
7. Before age 30 you should learn how to drive a car. Learning how to drive before 30 will give you the hope of buying a car soon (that’s if you don’t have one already).
8. Before age 30 you must have read at least 30 books and relevant literature(s). I really don’t expect many to agree with me on this one but every born leader is a reader. Yes, I said 30 books and at least 8 should be on marriage so as to avoid some mistakes in marriage.
9. Before age 30 you should have a vision. I am glad that the Bible is in total agreement with me on this. “Where there is no vision the people perish.” (Proverbs 29:18).
10. You should be able to overcome procrastination. You may have heard the saying that “procrastination is the thief of time.” If at 30 you still don’t have stability in planning then you are obviously not ready for success.
11. Before age 30 you should have a bank account (more than one accounts will be fine). Oh yes! Gone are those good days when banks give us some interest for keeping our money with them but I think spending all the money as they come will not benefit you either. So why waste?
12. You should have hopes of making heaven before you are 30. I see no need for explanation here.
13. You should be able to feed at least one person and yourself before you are 30. Doing so will give
us the light that you are a problem solver and not a liability.
14. You should learn modern table manners before 30. Just imagine that you were invited to dine with President Obama (maybe I went too far), of course we don’t expect you to go there and embarrass this country you know!
15. You should have a mentor before 30.
16. For Christians, you should have a favourite pastor whom you alwayslisten to. For Muslims, vice versa. For “juju men,” no comments!
17. You should have something that generates a steady income before 30. Money is very important so if at 30 you don’t have something that brings in the cash, hmmm! You can predict my
18. Your parents should start reaping your fruits before you are 30. Buy them clothes, pay their bills, contribute to their feeding and let them bless you. That’s how to fly!
19, Buy at least one plot of land before 30. It doesn’t really matter whether the land is in a bushy area or not. A land is one thing that doesn’t depreciate.
20. Learn to save and be responsible before 30. This point is somewhat linked to number 11 so read
Did you agree or disagree? Lets talk in the comment box below.