The School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos (UNILAG) has commenced its admission process into postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The school hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognised institutions for admission into Postgraduate programmes of the University in the 2023/2024 Session, namely:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes.
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. LL.M, M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., etc.).
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. EMBA, LLS, MAG, MARPM, MBA, MBF, MCM, MCrim, MDF, MDM, MDR, MDSS, MEM, MESM, MFM, MGIS, MHDM, MILD, MILR, MLA, MMAM, MMP, MPA, MPE, MPH, MPIA, MPM, MRM, MRPP, MSEM, MSIS, MTL, MTPM, MTTFL, MUD, MULTP, etc.).
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes.
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full Time, Part Time, Executive, Sandwich and Open Distance Learning (ODL) options as applicable.
- Sale of Application Forms commences on Friday, 12th May and ends on Tuesday, 22nd August, 2023 (18 Weeks).
- Completed Application Forms are to be submitted ONLINE not later than Sunday, 27th August, 2023.
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal, http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, Click the 2023/2024 Applications link
- Confirm availability and your eligibility of the desired course.
- Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice)
- Proceed to make payment of the non-refundable fee of N30,000.00 (Thirty Thousand Naira Only) for the Form, and charges through any of the below options:
- Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice
- Online Payment: Click the PayNow link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
- After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, click the 2023/2024 Application link, then the “Continue Application” link, log in with ‘Payment Reference Number’ and provide your surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the Application form and upload a digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15KB in size and must be on a white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, and height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.)
- Click the “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click the “DECLINE” button and continue again. CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ‘SUBMIT FORM’ ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE COMPLETELY FILLED THE APPLICATION FORM AS EDITING AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A N1,000 CHARGE.
Applicants are to note the following:
- Candidates are advised to read the requirements for their desired programmes carefully to confirm eligibility.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes or Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments are not eligible.
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload EVERY credential listed on the application form for the admission such as: (a) Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results) (b) NYSC Certificates (c) Professional Certificates
- Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration/screening exercise by postage or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- M.Phil./Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
- Dates for ONLINE Qualifying Examinations and any additional information will be advertised and provided regularly on the website of the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies: http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng.
- Entrance/Qualifying Examinations are scheduled for the week of 28th August to 2nd September, 2023.